Our members are sent copies of our newsletter twice per year and are also offered cheaper entry fees for our shows and concessions to any seminars or health testing sessions we run.
Fee: £8 per year (£15 per year for overseas members) This fee covers all members of the same family or, where a dog is owned in partnership, both/all partners. However, in order to have the right to vote at Meetings of the Club or to claim trophies at shows, all members of the family/partnership must be included on this form, must sign the form and their names must be shown in the membership list .
Complete the form below and you will be sent a membership application form via email. Your application will be considered by our Committee.
Memberships can be made via Paypal or bank transfer
PRESIDENT Joyce Shorrock
CHAIRMAN Harry Coble
VICE-CHAIRMAN Rita Smith-Waters
SECRETARY Lesley McFadyen
TREASURER Gemma Rowe
MEMBERSHIP SECRETARY Robert Crick
SHOW MANAGER Caroline Dewar
RESCUE CO-ORDINATOR Jo-Ann Essex
PUBLIC RELATIONS Steve Fairhurst
TROPHY SECRETARY Michael Dowse
COMMITTEE Jo Blacker
COMMITTEE Mary Coble
COMMITTEE Toni Holt
COMMITTEE Darren Legate
COMMITTEE Bill Asker
Please note that when applying for or renewing membership you are agreeing to abide by the Club’s Rules and Regulations and also by the Code of Ethics. The EASBTC encourages all its members to act responsibly towards the breed and will investigate any instance of members not adhering to the Rules and Regulations or the Code of Ethics. This may result in withdrawal of membership.
CODE OF ETHICS
All members of The East Anglian Staffordshire Bull Terrier Club undertake to abide by its general Code of Ethics.
1) Will properly house, feed, water and exercise all dogs under their care and arrange for appropriate veterinary attention if and when required.
2) Will agree without reservation that any veterinary surgeon performing an operation on any of their dogs which alters the natural conformation of the animal, or who carries out a caesarean section on a bitch, may report such operation to the Kennel Club.
3) Will agree that no healthy puppy will be culled. Puppies which may not conform to the Breed Standard should be placed in suitable homes.
4) Will abide by all aspects of the Animal Welfare Act.
5) Will not create demand for, nor supply, puppies that have been docked illegally.
6) Will agree not to breed from a dog or bitch which could be in any way harmful to the dog or to the breed.
7) Will not allow any of their dogs to roam at large or to cause a nuisance to neighbours or those carrying out official duties.
8) Will ensure that their dogs wear properly tagged collars and will be kept leashed or under effective control when away from home.
9) Will clean up after their dogs in public places or anywhere their dogs are being exhibited.
10) Will only sell dogs where there is a reasonable expectation of a happy and healthy life and will help with the re-homing of a dog if the initial circumstances change.
11) Will supply written details of all dietary requirements and give guidance concerning responsible ownership when placing dogs in a new home.
12) Will ensure that all relevant Kennel Club documents are provided to the new owner when selling or transferring a dog, and will agree, in writing, to forward any relevant documents at the earliest opportunity, if not immediately available.
13) Will not sell any dog to commercial dog wholesalers, retail pet dealers or directly or indirectly allow dogs to be given as a prize or donation in a competition of any kind. Will not sell by sale or auction Kennel Club registration certificates as stand alone items (not accompanying a dog).
14) Will not knowingly misrepresent the characteristics of the breed nor falsely advertise dogs nor mislead any person regarding the health or quality of a dog.
15) Will test all breeding stock for the available genetic DNA tests (currently HC and L-2-HGA) and for PHPV/PPSC under a Kennel Club approved eye testing scheme whose results are published. Bitch owners agree to ascertain that the stud dog is registered at the Kennel Club, has been tested for the available genetic DNA tests (currently HC and L-2-HGA) and for PHPV/PPSC under a Kennel Club approved eye testing scheme whose results are published. Owners agree not to breed from tested affected stock.
16) Will also agree not to breed from a bitch before her second season or after her seventh birthday without obtaining veterinary advice; it is recommended that a bitch shall not have more than three litters except in special circumstances and after obtaining veterinary advice.
17) Stud dog owners shall satisfy themselves that as far as they can ascertain a bitch is fit to be bred from, registered at the Kennel Club and tested for the available genetic DNA tests (currently HC and L-2-HGA) and for PHPV/PPSC under a Kennel Club approved eye testing scheme whose results are published before allowing their dog to be used at stud. Owners agree not to breed from tested affected stock.
18) Will agree when breeding to strive to produce sound and typical stock of good temperament and conforming to the breed standard.
19) Will agree to behave at all times in an appropriate manner in order to ensure that the Staffordshire Bull Terrier breed and the people associated with the breed are shown to be responsible in the eyes of other dog owners and people who do not own dogs. The EASBTC encourages all its members to act responsibly towards the breed
20) Will, when attending shows, whether as exhibitors, handlers or spectators show respect and consideration for other exhibitors, for judges and for the general public and shall conduct themselves in the sportsmanlike tradition of the breed.
The above Code of Ethics will apply to all dogs under the care of a member of the EASBTC whether they are the owner, keeper or in temporary charge of such dog(s).
Breach of these provisions may result in expulsion from club membership, and/or disciplinary action by the Kennel Club and/or reporting to the relevant authorities for legal action, as appropriate.